Sunday, January 16, 2011

smokey eyes . xox

is there anything sexier and more sophisticated than the classic Smoky Eye Look?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1) Apply your concealer, foundation and powder as you normally would.
tip: I like to wear m.a.c Fix+ after applying foundation 


2) I like to start off with an eye primer, you dont have to but I find the colours look more vibrant and last longer.
tip: I am using m.a.c paint pot (Bare study)


3) apply a sheer highlighting shadow from the lash line up to the brow bone.
tip: I am using m.a.c eyeshadow (Honey Lust) Use napkin/cosmetic pad or something under your eye so eyeshadow doesn't spread all over your face.


4) it's time to get the smokey effect. You need a darker eyeshadow shade, starting at your lash line, blending up. 
tip: I am using m.a.c eyeshadow (Contrast) The key here is to blend, blend, blend.


4) If you have small eyes like me go a bit over the creases of your lids, this will give the appeal of larger eyes.
tip: BLEND, BLEND, BLEND! & try to make the inner part of your eyes lighter than the outside.


5) Add a lighter color to the inner part of your eyes, this will brighten your eyes making them stand out more.
tip: Don't forget the napkin under your eyes to prevent mess! but don't worry you can clean it all up with q-tip after everything is done. 


6) Apply eyeliner to your Lash Line, I like to use pencil then liquid linner extending it more to get a dramatic cat eye look.
tip: i don't know about you, but i hate waterproof!


7) Apply mascara & False eyelashes if you wear them
tip: Lashes will add volume and length to your lashes, it will also make your eyes look bigger and bolder if you have small eyes like mine.


8) Last finishing touches, I like to do my eyebrows and the rest of my make up like lip stick/gloss and blush.


Enjoy, hope this was helpful.. xox


*Reffer to other post to learn more about the products I use. ;)



My eyebrows arent normally like this, need to get them threaded! :$




No comments:

Post a Comment